As a patient of this practice you can expect to:
- Be seen the same day for conditions you and your doctor agree are urgent.
- Have your records treated confidentially, subject to your wish to have relatives and friends informed of the progress of your treatment.
- Have your long term medication and treatment reviewed at agreed intervals.
- Be informed (through leaflets, websites etc.) of the practice's services and how best to use them.
- Receive healthcare in clean, comfortable and appropriate surroundings.
- Be treated with courtesy.
- See your choice of doctor or nurse subject to advice and appointment availability.
- It would be helpful to us if you were:
- to treat the doctors and practice staff with civility and understanding.
- to be punctual for your appointment time, or if you are unable to attend, to cancel.
- to make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- to be prepared to make further appointments if you have numerous or complicated problems.
- to be patient if appointment times are running late - it may be you who needs the extra time on another occasion.
- to ask for a home visit only if the illness prevents you from attending the surgery - children can usually be brought to the surgery safely.
to contact the doctor out of surgery hours only in cases of an emergency which cannot wait until the next working day.
If you are over 10 minutes late for your appointment with doctor or nurse you will not be seen.